Obtain a Student Visa

Student Visa Overview

Before you come to study in Australia, you must obtain a student visa from the Department of Home Affairs (DoHA).

Student visas can only be granted for courses that are registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions for Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

You may not require a student visa to study in Australia if you hold another visa (other temporary visas) that allows you to enter and stay in Australia with no restrictions on study.

Information about how to apply for a student visa and options available can be found on DoHA's student visa pages.