- As an education provider, Western Sydney University International College (WSUIC) is required to collect, store, disseminate and otherwise use personal information relating to staff, students and other stakeholders.
Quality and Compliance
- This policy will be available on the WSUIC website for students and staff.
- Emails will be issued to all staff to inform and update them on any changes to the policy.
- New staff will receive policy information during the induction process.
Related Policies, Procedures, Guidelines and Legislation
- Navitas Data Breach Reporting Procedure
- POL 38 WSUIC Records Management, Retention and Disposal Policy
- ESOS Act 2000
- National Code 2018
- Privacy Act 1988 retrieved from Federal Register of Legislation at https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2017C00283
Approval and Amendment History
|Approval Authority:||Western Sydney University International College Board of Directors|
|Policy Owners:||College Director & Principal/Executive Team|
|Approval Date:||3 May 2019|
|Date for Next Review:||3 May 2021|
|Revision Date||Version||Summary of changes|
|1/11/2016||1||New Policy Developed|
|21/11/2016||1.1||Moved Relevant Legislation section to Appendix A as per the format of other policy documents; updated Policy statement to be more robust; added definitions for Personal Information, Privacy Act and Sensitive Information; added links to legislation is Clause 12.|
|23/03/2018||2.0||Complete re-write of policy to provide additional information and expand on policy requirements. Inclusion of reference to mandatory data breach reporting as per recent amendment to the Privacy Act 1988. Inclusion of reference to Privacy Management Plan and relevant legislation.|
|03/05/2019||3.0||Revised to state that WSUIC adheres to the Navitas Global Privacy which can be accessed on the Navitas website: https://www.navitas.com/privacy_policy