Western Sydney University International College is registered as a Higher Education Provider under the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Act 2011 (Provider Number PRV14278).
Western Sydney University International College Pty Ltd trading as Western Sydney University International College (International College) is a proprietary company established under the Corporations Act 2001 (Australian Business Number: ABN 25 604 796 189).
- Information about the International College’s financial well-being is contained in the Statement of Financial Standing
- The International College’s organisational structure can be found here
The International College exists for the primary purpose of providing quality pathway education to students intending to pursue a Western Sydney University degree. The International College team is dedicated to upholding high standards of service and professionalism so that students can learn in a convivial and contemporary environment.
Board of Directors:
The Board of Directors is responsible for ensuring that the International College fulfils its responsibilities as detailed in its Mission Statement. The members are:
- Mr Peter Graham (Chair and Independent Director)
- Professor John Rosenberg (Independent Director)
- Professor Denise Kirkpatrick (Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic; Western Sydney University)
- Dr Nicolene Murdoch (Chief Executive Officer, Western Sydney University Enterprises Pty Ltd)
- Mr Iain Rothwell (Chief Commercial Officer, Navitas Ltd)
- Ms Morwenna Shahani (General Manager, Western Sydney University/Navitas Partnerships,Navitas Ltd)
- Ms. Zoe Levendel, Company Secretary (Company Secretary and Solicitor, Company Matters)
The Board of Directors delegates the academic governance to the Academic Board. The Academic Board sets and oversees academic policies and processes essential to achieve intended academic outcomes. The members are:
- Emeritus Professor Geoff Scott (Western Sydney University)
- Emeritus Professor Mark Tennant (University of Technology Sydney)
- Dr. Theresa Wyborn (Director of Academic Pathway Programs – Western Sydney University The College)
- Dr. Kate Liddell (Associate Director of Quality & Reviews – Western Sydney University)
- Associate Professor Maria Estela Varua (Director of Academic Programs - Western Sydney University)
- Chris Jones (Director – Navitas English Test Centre)
- Dr. Preetinder Kaur (ICT Course Convenor – Western Sydney University International College)
- Dr. Jason McGovern (College Director & Principal – Western Sydney University International College)
- International College Student Representative
Risk and Compliance Committee:
The Risk and Compliance Committee reports directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for maintaining internal systems of quality assurance and continuous improvement to maintain and improve the quality of education courses and services.
Academic Quality Committee:
The Academic Quality Committee is responsible for monitoring and reporting on quality assurance processes for teaching and learning within the International College to ensure that day-to-day academic operations meet quality educational standards.
The role of the Examinations Committee is to consider and approve final grades before release.
The Misconduct Committee is responsible for hearing and deciding allegations of student academic and non-academic misconduct.Quality Assurance and Governance
The role of the Appeals Committee is to impartially hear appeals from students in relation to academic and non-academic matters.